My “Yin Yoga. Approaching the Functional” course is now available on-line too.
This course is eligible for 20 hours of Continuing Education with Yoga Alliance.
Reserve your spot and buy the ticket here: https://bit.ly/3gVI0WO.
With this course you will learn:
- What is Yin Yoga
- Overview of CHI and Meridian channels, according to Chinese Medicine
- What is the functional approach to Yoga
- The differences between the performance and the functional-introspective approach that can be applied to all forms of Yoga
- How to teach functionally
- The 14 Skeletal segments and the 10 Muscles groups involved in Yoga practice
- Why the skeletal variations are important
- The 5 Archetypal Yoga Poses and their variations, that can be adapted to each and every student
- And more.
This course is of interest to all people learning yoga, for the ones who want to deepen the practice as well as to instructors who wish to deepen their understanding of the functional movement in yoga.
TIME TABLE OF THE COURSE (all times are in EDT):
- Saturday June 5, 2021: 8am-12:15pm (15 minutes break)
- Sunday June 6, 2021: 8am-12:15pm (15 minutes break)
- Wednesday June 9, 2021: 7pm-9pm
- Saturday June 12, 2021: 8am-12:15pm (15 minutes break)
- Sunday June 13, 2021: 8am-12:15pm (15 minutes break)
- Wednesday June 16, 2021: 7pm-9pm + Graduation
Certification will be delivered by email to the attendees who participate in the full course.
Info about the teacher:
Sasy is a 500 hours Yoga Alliance Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT 500) and Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP). He has been lived and taught yoga in many studios in Northern Italy, in Fuerteventura (Spain), India (Mysore), Nepal (Pockara) and all of 2018 in Los Angeles (USA).
He also has some experience in Karma Yoga including Anand Prakash Ashram in Risikesh (India) where he led Vipassana Meditation and Karuna Home for Disabled and Orphaned Children in Bylakuppe/Mysore (India) where he taught Yoga in a Yoga Studio inside the Tibetan Camp 1. On March 2020 he completed his three months of Karma Yoga at Sivananda Ashram Bahamas.
At the moment he is based in Ottawa (Canada).
He has been a Police Detective for 20 years. In 2005 he started his spiritual quest and decided to dedicate his life to yoga since 2014.
He is the author of “The Key to Happinesss” and “Yin Yoga“, two manuscripts in which he shares a glimpse of his personal spiritual journey, some easy-to-understand neuroscience about meditation and deep breathing, life-altering tools that transformed his daily living.
In 2020 he created, together with Julia Long, F.R.Y. First Responders Yoga Canada, a toolbox for mind-body wellness, that compiles breathwork, functional yoga movement, trauma informed yoga, meditation and positive affirmation techniques, designed for First Responders by First Responders, tailored to their needs.. He co-authored his 3rd book together with Julia, “F.R.Y. First Responders Yoga. The Book“.
All the manuscripts are available on Amazon in both digital and paperback format.