I will be teaching Yin Yoga at International Yoga Festival in Dallas on June 17, 2021 at 4pm CDT. I am so honoured to teach for a second time in a summit that lists a presence of worldly renowned Masters.
Here is the link to see the list of speakers and to register: https://bit.ly/3pFnDzw
See you there
My “Yin Yoga. Approaching the Functional” course is now available on-line too.
This course is eligible for 20 hours of Continuing Education with Yoga Alliance.
Reserve your spot and buy the ticket here: https://bit.ly/3gVI0WO.
With this course you will learn:
- What is Yin Yoga
- Overview of CHI and Meridian channels, according to Chinese Medicine
- What is the functional approach to Yoga
- The differences between the performance and the functional-introspective approach that can be applied to all forms of Yoga
- How to teach functionally
- The 14 Skeletal segments and the 10 Muscles groups involved in Yoga practice
- Why the skeletal variations are important
- The 5 Archetypal Yoga Poses and their variations, that can be adapted to each and every student
- And more.
This course is of interest to all people learning yoga, for the ones who want to deepen the practice as well as to instructors who wish to deepen their understanding of the functional movement in yoga.
TIME TABLE OF THE COURSE (all times are in EDT):
- Saturday June 5, 2021: 8am-12:15pm (15 minutes break)
- Sunday June 6, 2021: 8am-12:15pm (15 minutes break)
- Wednesday June 9, 2021: 7pm-9pm
- Saturday June 12, 2021: 8am-12:15pm (15 minutes break)
- Sunday June 13, 2021: 8am-12:15pm (15 minutes break)
- Wednesday June 16, 2021: 7pm-9pm + Graduation
Certification will be delivered by email to the attendees who participate in the full course.
Info about the teacher:
Sasy is a 500 hours Yoga Alliance Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT 500) and Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP). He has been lived and taught yoga in many studios in Northern Italy, in Fuerteventura (Spain), India (Mysore), Nepal (Pockara) and all of 2018 in Los Angeles (USA).
He also has some experience in Karma Yoga including Anand Prakash Ashram in Risikesh (India) where he led Vipassana Meditation and Karuna Home for Disabled and Orphaned Children in Bylakuppe/Mysore (India) where he taught Yoga in a Yoga Studio inside the Tibetan Camp 1. On March 2020 he completed his three months of Karma Yoga at Sivananda Ashram Bahamas.
At the moment he is based in Ottawa (Canada).
He has been a Police Detective for 20 years. In 2005 he started his spiritual quest and decided to dedicate his life to yoga since 2014.
He is the author of “The Key to Happinesss” and “Yin Yoga“, two manuscripts in which he shares a glimpse of his personal spiritual journey, some easy-to-understand neuroscience about meditation and deep breathing, life-altering tools that transformed his daily living.
In 2020 he created, together with Julia Long, F.R.Y. First Responders Yoga Canada, a toolbox for mind-body wellness, that compiles breathwork, functional yoga movement, trauma informed yoga, meditation and positive affirmation techniques, designed for First Responders by First Responders, tailored to their needs.. He co-authored his 3rd book together with Julia, “F.R.Y. First Responders Yoga. The Book“.
All the manuscripts are available on Amazon in both digital and paperback format.
I am happy to announce the on-line event F.R.Y. is organizing to celebrate First Responders Day.
First Responders Yoga Canada celebrates and aknowledges First Responders Day on Saturday May 1st, 2021 by offering a wellness discussion and a yoga class following F.R.Y. The Method. Giving Back to Those Who Serve.
F.R.Y.’s co-founders are former Police detective and experienced yoga teachers, the right people to deliver tools for First Responders’ mind-body health.
F.R.Y. is a toolbox for mind-body wellness, that compiles breathwork, functional yoga movement, meditation and positive affirmation techniques, designed for First Responders by First Responders, tailored to their needs. And with the F.R.Y. The APP the tools are available anytime, anywhere, when needed, at a push of a button. The App is the virtual representation of “F.R.Y. First Responders’ Yoga. The Book” available on Amazon at this link: https://amzn.to/3tdMZFQ.
Tickets available on Eventbrite at this link: https://bit.ly/3dyULUZ
AGENDA OF THE DAY:
9am: Wellness Discussion – Positive Affirmation and Stress
9.45am: Outline of F.R.Y. The Method
10am to 11.15am: F.R.Y. The Method Yoga Class
Special Guest: Ability Dogs Canada
(For Italian translation see below please)
My course “Yin Yoga. Approaching the Functional” available in Italy too.
The course is aimed at:
– teachers who want to advance in their preparation by acquiring 20 hours of Continuing Education recognised by Yoga Alliance;
– those who study functional training or want to deepen their knowledge and the holistic science;
– all yoga practitioners who want to develop a deeper practice.
For more information and details visit the page of the Yoga studio that will host me: www.maitriyoga.it
See you there.
Anche in Italia il mio corso “Yin Yoga. L’Approccio Funzionale”.
Siete i benvenuti per questo studio sulla pratica Yin e il suo approccio funzionale elegibili per 20 ore di Continuing Education con Yoga Alliance.
– a tutti gli insegnanti che vogliono avanzare nella loro preparazione acquisendo 20 ore di Continuing Education riconosciute da Yoga Alliance;
– a chi studia l’allenamento funzionale o vuole approfondire le proprie conoscenze e scienze olistiche;
– a tutti i praticanti di yoga che vogliono sviluppare una pratica più profonda.
Per maggiori informazioni e dettagli visita la pagina dello studio Yoga che mi ospiterà: www.maitriyoga.it
We know that you need to take a break, that’s why I organized a retreat in a very special place: Ajuy, a small and cozy fishing village located on the west coast of Fuerteventura. The perfect location to have your moment and take care of your body, mind and spirit.
It will be three days of retreat near the sea, in the middle of nature of Fuerteventura, deepening in the practice of Yoga and knowing a new trend: the Garuda Method. The practice will be taught by Diana Pagano & me.
We will offer you healthy vegan food, juices and extracts of fruits and vegetables, as a basis for a physical and emotional detoxification that we need so much these days.
The chosen date is from Friday, September 4 at 4:00 p.m. to Sunday, September 6 at 7:00 p.m.
To know the complete program and make your reservation, visit the website www.tamstudio.es
I will be teaching in Fuerteventura (Spain) starting from July 27. Please check the class packages we are offering at this link: https://bit.ly/31ORoUA.
Stay also tuned for the “Yin Yoga. Approaching the Functional” course, scheduled for September 11, 12 and 13.
All details at this link: https://bit.ly/2NYZl1g